Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Recommended Route

I am going to try something new here, let me know what you think, I would love some feedback.
I am going to start posting recommended route(s) on this blog to give people some ideas of classics
to try out that I think are worth the effort! I will try and include mainly route(s) of which I have first hand experience! I hope you enjoy.

The first one is:

SUNSPOT 5.8
25M GEAR TO 4"

Located on the south side of the Blazing Buttress at beautiful Skaha Bluffs. This route follows and big corner/groove that splits the wall through two awkward corners and a roof. There are many positions you
are forced into trusting, with big laybacks and exposed moves, this route has a much bigger feel than youre
average 5.8. You have to walk right by this climb on the way to bigger venues like the Great White wall and such so you have no excuse now, walk 15 seconds off the Loop Trail and rope up!







Guidebook: Skaha Bluffs by Howie Richardson
Location: Skaha Bluffs, Penticton, British Columbia

1 comment:

  1. I really like the recommended routes section. Showcasing good local climbs is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete